10 lessons I learned from Chicago in Spanish
10 lessons they learned from Chicago in Spanish. Yes, in Chicago we can learn things in Spanish, Ah not hold on, Spanglish. There are people that grew up here and they speak only Spanish but they didn’t learn it in school, they learned it in the streets. There are many words that were born in
Chicago and different parts of the United States.
Let ’s take some lessons that the streets of Chicago thought us.
- Linkear: to link (as hyperlinks). Spanish alternative: hacer un enlance
- Updeatar and updeitear: To update. Spanish alternative: actualizar
- Relesear: To release. Spanish alternative: lanzar, publicar, divulgar
- Levelear: To level up (gaming language) Spanish alternative: nivelar
- Googlear o gugulear: to Google. Spanish alternative: etiquetear
- Tagear: To tag Spanish alternative etiquetear.
- Mandar un mail: We say mail instead of mail.
- Creepear or cripi- To creep on someone (often talking about looking over someone’s facebook page)
- A full – to be done with full intensity. For example, trabajando a full. “Means working really hard”.
- El top: is the best of something. Spanish alternative is “The best”